You don’t need to wait for spring to start getting organized, here’s some tips on simple things you can do now to get organized and sorted in your house. Being organized doesn’t mean you need to do a huge purge, there are many ways to stay on top of things I’ve been taught by the best-my wife. She keeps things running smoothly because of her ability to stay on top of literally everything and keep us moving forward.
- Write stuff down. Whether it be in a calendar or in an app on your phone, write down things you need to get done, places you need to be, items you need to purchase and so on. This will keep you on track and more efficient.
- Make a schedule and stick to deadlines. This will keep you productive and ensure you cross things off you list. Seeing a schedule of items that need to get done also ensures you won’t procrastinate.
- Put things in their proper spaces. This one is huge. It avoids clutter and clutter is a huge factor in feeling unorganized. Store things properly and label everything. The worst label you can make is giving a collection of items a ‘miscellaneous’ name. It’s a vortex for everything. Don’t do it.
- Take the time to declutter and truly keep only what you need. It’s easy to try and keep many things, but assess whether you really need them or not. If not, get rid of them. Throw away, recycle, donate-do what you need to get rid of items that are no longer necessary.
- Avoid bargains. This is a huge culprit in making your life a literal mess! This is also where writing things down that you need comes in as it will keep you on track to getting things you need, not suddenly desire.
- Get help. Everyone in the household has responsibilities to share and keeps the house running smoothly. Leaving it all to one person leads to burn out, sharing it with the entire house incorporates responsibility to everyone.