Stampede is in full swing and though there’s lots to do around this iconic event, there are other things going on in Calgary for those who don’t want to hit the grounds and midway! Here’s our list, pick and choose as suits you best! For those hitting the grounds, Happy Stampeding!!!
- The Calgary Stampede. There is so much going on around town with pancake breakfasts, Wildhorse Saloon, Nashville North, and more!
- Have kids who want to do an obstacle course?! Send them on the Zulu Kids Challenge! Taking place this Saturday at Edworthy Park, click here for more information.
- The Calgary Turkish Festival takes place this weekend, from the 12thto the 14thin Eau Claire. If Turkish food, dancing, and culture are your thing, you won’t want to miss it.
- Who doesn’t like chili?! This week on the 12thand 13th, there is a chili cookoff at the Calgary Farmer’s Market. Support charity with bites of food!
- This weekend at Calaway Park, they’re putting on a Comic Fest for kids. Dress your kiddos up in superhero and superheroine costumes and enjoy a day on the rides!
- The YYC Alternative Market takes place alongside the Calgary Stampede every day in the BMO Centre. If you’re down on the grounds, check it out!
- Is Stampede Wrestling your thing? Tool Shed Brewing has a wrestling ring right in the middle of their brewery this Thursday from 2pm-10pm. CJAY 92will be on site all day as well!
- Try some different foods in restaurants around town during the Stampede. Check out the options here!
- Interested in Antarctica?! We know it’s the middle of our summer right now, but this fascinating far-away land has had its share of explorers and wanderers. The University of Calgary is putting on a free exhibit, Persistence of Vision: Antarctica, until Friday this week.
- Escape Stampede and head to the mountains if all these festivities are not your thing. Nothing like refreshing your mind on a trail in the mountains.
Enjoy your week and roll on with summer!!!