Canada Day and the start of Stampede, all in one week! Another wicked busy week awaits for Calgary but before we list our top 10 things to do in Calgary this week, we also wanted to wish everyone a wicked Canada Day! We are spending it out in Radium, but whatever you end up doing, have a fantastic time celebrating our nation and all the splendor it brings all of us.
- Canada Day events are going all day at Prince’s Island Park and end tonight at 11:30pm. Fireworks will be going off of Centre Street bridge at 11pm, definitely join in for the festivities.
- Mexifest is in town this Friday and runs in Eau Claire from the 5thto the 7thof July. Enjoy culinary delights, dancing and art from Mexico.
- The Calgary Stampede is back in town and kicks off with the parade through downtown Calgary at 9am on Friday morning.
- Stampede breakfasts!!! You know the drill, all over town and every day during Stampede.
- For something truly different, head to the Jack Singer Concert Hall this Wednesday, the 3rdto experience an evening of comedy and storytelling from a drag race superstar, Katya Zamolodchikova!
- The North American show comes to Spruce Meadows this week. If equestrian shows are your thing, check this one out that starts on the 3rd!
- Shakespeare on the Bow is putting on Mid Summer Night’s Dream this season, with shows running every evening but Mondays.
- The City of Calgary puts on free play events for kids all summer long. Check this link and see where in the city your kids can drop off to play!
- The King Eddy has concerts every night during the Stampede. Check out their site to see who’s on.
- Granary Road has a new flower market opening this week and you won’t want to miss it! Check out the Alberta Grower’s Flower Market here!
Have a great week, enjoy your first week of summer break!!