Has anyone started this Christmas shopping yet? Considering we can now say Christmas is just next month, a few weeks away, it is a perfectly legit time to get shopping started and beat the holiday rush. Plus, the snow adds to the ambiance.
Christmas markets are also in full swing across the city as well. How fast time flies to think we are already back at this time of the year. As we lament over time that goes too fast, here’s our top 10 things to do in Calgary this week.
- Christmas markets in Calgary. There are too many to mention here, but they’re definitely in full swing every weekend this month, so be sure to google them, pick one, pick them all, and get your shopping on.
- The Calgary Flames are back home after being on the road for a few games. There are three games this week in Calgary, check them out!
- The 8th Annual European Film Festival is on all week until the following weekend. Be sure to take in all sorts of different movies from different countries across the Atlantic pond.
- This being the first full week of a new month means, Thursday night is free at the Glenbow museum. Take in their exhibitions for free. Makes for a fun date night or just a night to take a pause on You!
- Enjoy skating? Click here to see when all the rinks in Calgary offer public skating times. Always a fun way to spend an evening in the city and soon, the Olympic Plaza rink will be open for the season.
- Looking to improve your cooking? Try a four-week beginner cooking class at South Campus YMCA.
- Host a dinner party this week and raise funds for charity! Confused?! Read more here on how to raise funds for The Alex Community Food Centre.
- Remembrance Day is next week and the field of white crosses is up again on Memorial Drive. Take a walk along the Fallen and commemorate their sacrifice at the Field of Crosses.
- The Festival of Crafts goes down this weekend at the BMO Centre. See note above on starting your Christmas shopping early.
- If jazz tunes are your thing, you won’t want to miss the JAZZ YYC festival going on this week.
Stay warm all, a chillier week awaits!