We hope you’re enjoying your long weekend and hope you managed to escape out of town. If you’re here in Calgary today and this week, here’s some things we found for you to do! Have a great one!!
- Calgary’s Dragon Boat festival takes place this week from Friday to Sunday at North Glenmore Park. It’s always a fun way to spend the day, watching people compete and enjoy food, music and good company of others.
- Loosen your belts and come hungry to Taste of Calgary which runs from Thursday to Sunday down in Eau Claire. It’s a culinary festival representing the food on Calgary’s scene and you won’t want to miss it!
- Shakespeare by the Bow carries on this week, and ends on August 18th! Be sure to check their site and catch a viewing as the weather is perfect!
- We’re halfway through Calgary’s Fringe Festival, with lots of events going on this week still. Be sure to catch some of this annual event!
- It’s Adult night at Heritage Park on the midway, allowing you to relive your youth! Come by the Friday evening at 7pm and bring some cash for the cash bar!
- Splash parks. Head to a local splash park around town and watch your kids frolic around the water.
- There’s a Gold Hunt going on around town if you’re looking to really explore. Head to this site to register and download your map!
- If you feel like a little drive, head north to Sylvan Lake to try the Aqua Splash park. We don’t need to say more, check it out yourself!
- Calgary Outdoor Yoga is taking place every Sunday until October in Stanley Park from 1-2pm. Drop in and pay what you want!
- Head to Banff, hike Sulphur Mountain to get the views, and then take a gondola for free!
Whatever you do this week, have a great one!! It’s supposed to be a hot one, so get outside!