What happened to Fall, right?! Though this snow is definitely pretty, it’s just too soon.
It’s Monday, so here’s our Top 10 things to do in Calgary this week. Of course, given the weather, an alternative to all of these things is to stay at home and binge Netflix. We’d never fault you if you did!
- YYC Alternative Market is a market in Inglewood that is free to enter and quirky in nature. Held inside the Inglewood Community Centre, it supports local talented makers, designers, dancers, and musicians!
- Field of Screams is going down at Cobb’s Adventure Park for all of October, starting this Friday. Haunted houses and mazes, all in the mood to get you into Halloween.
- Modern Masters is a night of outstanding music. The Calgary Philharmonic blends together with Jan Lisiecki, one of the world’s most outstanding pianists.
- The real hockey season gets off to a start this week with the Calgary Flames hosting the Vancouver Canucks this Saturday evening. No one likes to pay fees, so whether you’re a season ticket holder or a buyer, use FansFirst.ca to get you there!
- Craft Beer Market reopens tonight! It closed down for a little while to undergo renovations where they’ve added new areas to play games, new cocktails and screens. Be sure to see it!
- If British comedy is your thing, check out Noises Off which starts this week at Max Bell Theatre, Arts Common.
- Being a new month this week, it’s the first Thursday of October which means, a free evening at Glenbow Museum. From 5-9pm this week, come down to see some art and culture, and don’t pay a dime.
- Calgary’s Calvary FC have some games this week, all taking place at Spruce Meadows. It’s so great to see the enthusiasm the city has dedicated to this team!
- Train of Terror kicks off this weekend at Aspen Crossing. While traveling down the tracks, you will experience two haunted railway cards. It’s a different kind of haunted house.
- NETFLIX! Tell us what you’re binge-watching now. This weather is perfect for staying in to watch so many great shows.
Enjoy your week!