Thanksgiving is here and who doesn’t like turkey dinners with family and delicious pumpkin pie?!
Looking for some things to do in Calgary this week? Here’s some suggestions. If you’ve seen the weather forecast, you know it’s going to be a whirlwind week so do any outdoor stuff early on.
- Lots of pumpkins are to be found at various pumpkin hunts around town. Butterfield Acres, Calgary Corn Maze, Cobb’s Adventure Park and more! Google ‘Calgary Pumpkin Hunts’ and choose an event to go to!
- Ghost tours start this week at Heritage Park. Wander the old buildings and streets and hear of the spirits still known to exist there. Bring a cup of something warm as you wander, it gets chilly indeed!
- HEX runs all weekend at the Calgary BMO Centre so if you’re into Halloween entertainment, this event is for you.
- It’s going to be a chilly one, but the Stampeders take on the Roughriders on Friday at McMahon Stadium. The grey cup is just a few weeks away, let’s cheer on the Stamps in hopes they make it to be home-turf champs!
- The Calgary Flames take on the LA Kings this week after a great home opener game on Saturday night. Here’s hoping their 2019/2020 season is just as incredible as last years!
- Indigo book stores all across town are hosting events for kids on weekends and with the weather slated to be crummy, be sure to check out Make It An Indigo Weekend and check out their events.
- The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is putting on a Disney in Concert production to the tunes of Mary Poppins, and it starts this Friday night.
- Yoga on draught is going down this weekend at Cabin Brewing. Start your Saturday off with a stretch, and then enjoy some crisp, cool beer.
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, is Date Night at Studio Bell. For $10 you can enter and enjoy the displays at a very discounted price. Score!
- If you’re a fan of Tegan and Sara’s music, you’ll love that they’re in town this week, ready to play to their home crowd. Check them out this Thursday at Bella Concert Hall.
Have a great week, stay warm!