We hope you had a great long weekend and took some time to reflect on Remembrance Day and all that it means. We are already into day 2 of a new week, so here are our Top 10 things to do in Calgary this week. We try to dig up new things always to do, and if there’s something you think we should share for upcoming events, drop us a line!
- Grape Escape takes place this Friday and Saturday at BMO. Put on by Co-op, check their site for details as times and tickets.
- With so many of our kids in sports, the occurrence of concussions is on the rise, and therefore, so is the need of their medical understanding. There is a free seminar and panel discussion about concussions taking place this Thursday, worth checking out, especially if your son or daughter plays high-intensity sports like hockey, soccer, football, and more.
- Community Natural Foods is hosting a night of shopping and talking about clean, natural makeup.
- There is a Christmas Market in MardaLoop this Saturday which supports the Calgary Interfaith Food Bank. Start your Christmas shopping early!
- Disney on Ice comes to Calgary this week. Check ticketmaster.ca for tickets and event times.
- This weekend the Santa Claus Parade in Banff takes place, get there early to secure your spot along the parade trail and join in the festivities.
- Vertigo Theatre’s production of Dracula: The Bloody Truth just started this week and if you’re keen on learning about Dracula’s backstory, a night at this play is for you.
- The Spruce Meadows International Christmas Market takes place this month and leads into December. This festive and acclaimed market is a one-stop shop for all your Christmas needs.
- Though it’s not happening until the 22-24th, put this into your calendar now: the bi-annual Alberta College of Art + Design Students’ Association Show + Sale taking place the following week. You’ll get to see art from up and coming local artists, all at a great price!
- Tasting Scotch is a one-night scotch tasting and interactive theatre experience where you are also blindfolded. Sounds different and unique!
Have a great week!!