A frosty morning for us all here today, but nonetheless a day to remember those who have served for our freedoms, who continue to serve, and most importantly, those who have fallen. There is lots going on again in Calgary this week, here’s our top 10.
- Remembrance Day ceremonies are all over Calagary today. Look up this link here to find an event near you. If you can’t attend any, pause at 11am for one minute to take your time to remember how we got our privileges and that we should really never take them for granted.
- Grape Escape is taking place this weekend at the BMO Centre. A collection of breweries, cideries, distilleries, cocktail makers and food will descend on the grounds for your sampling pleasure.
- Calgary’s Art Market and Craft Sale is taking place this weekend from the 14th to the 17th at the Telus Convention Centre. If you’re looking to add some unique art to your home, this be the place!
- Disney on Ice. We all grew up with Mickey Mouse, and the traditions continue. Always a fun afternoon to delight the little ones, check out this spectacle at the Corral this weekend.
- City and Color plays the Saddledome tomorrow evening on the 12th. If his ballads and tunes suit you, you won’t want to miss this show.
- The Calgary Flames take to the ice on Wednesday evening as they take on the Dallas Stars. Looking for tickets? Check here to attend the games without paying a single fee.
- It doesn’t feel like Christmas until the Spruce Meadows Christmas Market kicks into full swing. Starting this weekend, it will take place over the next three weeks until the first weekend of December. You can literally cross everyone off your list by shopping at this market.
- Date Night at Studio Bell takes place this week as it’s the second Tuesday of the month. From 5-8pm, enjoy $10 admission and a fun evening with your bae, friend, or your ‘it’s complicated’.
- Speaking of dates, speed dating is going down at Wurst this week as their dating series continues. Click here for more details.
- Mayor Nenshi will be giving a talk about what the City of Calgary has done in the last few years to support economic recovery in the city, and you can catch his talk at the Palliser Hotel on Wednesday morning. Click here for more details.
Have a great week!