Anyone else feel the year is flying by on warp speed?!
Here we are in the the first full week of May, but the weather hasn’t caught up yet. Hopefully soon!
While you figure out what clothing to wear this week and dress for the weather, here’s our top 10 picks of things to do in Calgary for this week.
- Cocktails and Couture returns to the Glenbow this week for another exciting evening. If fashion and cocktails are your thing, you won’t want to miss this.
- Dinosaurs interest you?! This coming weekend at the BMO Centre, Jurassic Quest comes to town from Friday-Sunday. Jurassic Quest is North America’s most realistic dinosaur event, letting you witness what it would have been like to live amongst the now thankfully extinct creatures!
- Stars on Ice takes to the Saddledome on Saturday, May 11th. Come see your favorites and witness their athletic and entertaining talents.
- If your little ones love Thomas the Tank Engine, they’ll love seeing him down at the grounds at Heritage Park. Showing every day until the weekend, bring them by to go for a ride and an abundance of photo opportunities!
- This coming Saturday is FanFest at McMahon Stadium. Starting at 9am, bring the whole family down to meet the Calgary Stampeders and help kick off their next season!
- Billy Elliot, the Musical is in town until next weekend. Playing in cities like London and New York, Calgary gets its turn with this popular show.
- Because our city is so engrained in the oil and gas industry, Circle of Steel is interesting for us to see. It’s a movie about one person’s depiction of working in the industry and enjoyed sold-out screenings at the 2018 Calgary International Film Festival. Playing at Globe cinema, check it out!
- Starting at Pumphouse Theatre tonight is a play called The West End. If theatre is your thing, check it out.
- If you’re gluten-intolerant, you won’t want to miss this dinner being put on by Cibo’s 17thAvenue location on Tuesday, May 7th. A five-course dinner of all gluten-free Italian dishes!
- If country music is your thing, you won’t want to miss George Canyon’s performance with some other country talent at Bella Concert Hall this week.
Whatever you get up to, may your week be fantastic!!!