The first long weekend of the summer is here and as expected, the weather has been pitiful.
Nonetheless, here are our top 10 things to do today and this week as slowly but surely, the summer returns!
- Slush Cup takes place today at Sunshine, the end of the ski season is here. If you don’t want to participate, it’s still a great way to spend the day and cheer on others as they come down the mountain in funny costumes and make their way across the pool of water.
- YYC Comedy Festival is in town this week, starting today and running until Saturday, there are many events going on around town to make you laugh.
- Interested it the science of having a beer? Pint of Science Calgary runs from the 20thto the 22ndand is all about the science of beer with several local breweries participating.
- On Saturday the 25th, the Water Lantern Festival takes place at Olympic Plaza. It begins at 5:30pm with food and drinks, followed by time to design your lantern and then collectively have them float on the water.
- The Scotiabank Marathon is this weekend, with events and festivities taking place from Thursday to Sunday around town. Keep in mind many streets downtown will be closed off for Sunday, but otherwise come on down to cheer everyone on, perhaps you’re a runner yourself!
- Perhaps you’ve always wanted to work in aviation? This Saturday at WestJet’s NE location, there is a Careers in Aviation Expo going on all day, to educate people about the many facets of working in aviation.
- Check their website for all the details, but this week the Calgary International Children’s Festival hits the city for yet another year of fantastic events for kids.
- As someone who used to dabble in photography years ago, reading about Beers and Cameras YYC caught my eye. Taking place this Thursday, it’s another installment of photographers, videographers and creatives looking to share in their talents and network, all while exploring the social and photogenic side of Calgary.
- Perhaps your young adult children are interested in getting involved with the community. TedxYouth@VictoriaPark is the perfect place to get them involved in, an event geared towards promoting unique ideas from youth in Calgary.
- We all want to be healthier, so check out this evening session of what it means to detox your diet and how to do it safely. Demystify Detoxruns this Wednesday at Community Natural Foods.
Lots going on again, have a great week!