We hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend. This particular week is always exciting since it is the official lead up to the start of camping season, a past-time my family and I always enjoy. So as you prep some things for the weekend to get going for your camping escape, be sure to check out these events going on in town this week.
- Science Odyssey week runs across Canada from May 4thto May 19th, an event for explorers of all ages. There are some events taking place in Calgary still this week, be sure to check their site.
- If your kids are into baby animals, this is the perfect weekend to take them to Calgary Corn Maze and have the chance to meet and interact with a wide variety of baby animals.
- Calaway Park opens up this weekend, summer is definitely back on! They’ve added a new ride this year, be sure to go and check it out with your family.
- Heritage Park will also be opening up this weekend, another city favorite to take part in. Ghost tours and an escape to an earlier time are always fascinating and fun.
- Studio Bell is running $10 Date Nights. This Tuesday, May 14th, head to Studio Bell and enjoy all the exhibits for just $10!
- The Downtown Summer Market takes place at Gulf Canada Square this Tuesday from 10am to 2pm. Get your fill of local produce and fresh food and items for health and wellness.
- Fascinated with the Science of the Circus? Circus! Is an exhibit running now until June 9th and is all about the Science behind the circus. With over 20 exhibits on display to feast your brain on, you won’t want to miss this.
- Drag me to Dior is Calgary’s first ever Boutique Fashion show, taking place at the Glenbow Museum. Fashion, Drag Queens, and Dior-your ticket includes entry to the exhibit!
- Arts Common has Menopause the Musical running right now, which sounds like a funny show catered to women. It’s set up as four strangers who don’t know one another, but then realize they have so much in common.
- Hosting visitors in Calgary who have never been here before? Click this link for 15 places to take someone.
Have a great week!