First week of June is here-just a few weeks until summer plans start rolling out. Holidays await and that’s THE best! Where are you off to this summer holiday?! While you finish your last minute plans on your trips, here are some things that can keep you busy in town this week!
- Calgary’s very own Comedy Festival, Funnyfest, is on right now until the 9thof June. There are over 11 nights of comedy and 70 comedians rolling through Calgary this week, be sure to catch a laugh out in the city.
- X Warrior Challenge takes place this Friday and Saturday, at Winsport. There are so many different events to challenge your strength and determination, and set some new personal goals.
- Lululemon is organizing a Global Running Day this June 5th, a 4.5km route starting in the East Village that will celebrate all levels of running, whether you’re new to the activity or a seasoned athlete.
- Every weekend until June 18th, the Calgary Corn Maze & Fun Farm is showing off all their baby animals, allow you to interact with them too. A great afternoon if you have little ones in your family.
- It’s #YYCBeerWeek this week and there are events going on everyday around Calgary to celebrate the industry. Check your local favorite brewery for specials and events all week, but head to Craft on 10thfor their Cask Battle and vote for your favorite brew!
- Close to home, support Griffith Woods school with their fundraising event at Seanachie Irish Pub this Friday, June 7th!
- Spruce Meadows Nationals competition is on this week, June 5-June 9th.
- Calgary is having a beach party this Friday, June 7th. If you feel like getting a little wild this week, this be the event at Calgary Beach Party 2019.
- Not long ago, we had young babies in the house and the struggles of nursing were real. If you’re new parents looking to get more information on nursing, check this event in Mahogany.
- Get hiking! Which trail close to town is your favorite? With the weather being so cooperative and the smoke down to a minimum, escaping to the hill is a great thing to do this week!
Have a great week!