Have you already done your back to school shopping? It’s scary how fast this summer has gone, but ya, Back to School is literally just around the corner. How is that possible?! Here’s our top picks for things to do this week in the city-it’s a festive culture week, with so many events going on!
- Carifest comes to town this week! Head to Shaw Millenium park on Saturday, the 17th to take in the sights and sounds of this colorful, Caribbean festival.
- Expo Latino Festival kicks up on Friday, the 16th at Prince’s Island Park! It runs till Sunday, so come get your fill of food, dance, music and more.
- Global Fest will be off to an exploding start this Thursday, the 15th! This annual celebration and festival of fireworks will decorate the night sky for 5 days.
- Cirque du Soleil’s Luzia kicks off their Calgary shows on Friday, August 16th at the Stampede grounds. Tickets still available to this amazing display of human skill and strength.
- The Calgary Inglewood Bird Sanctuary turns 90 this year and admission is free this Saturday, August 17th from 1-3pm to come by and see the history of this spectacular gem in the heart of Calgary!
- Ever done a workout on top of a downtown building!? Tomorrow, August 13th, you can! High Fitness will be going down at 7pm on top of the Downtown Marriott Hotel. When’s the last time you said you have done that?!
- Look up into the sky at night from the comfort of your own home because the Perseid meteor shower is due to peak over us this week.
- The future location of Calgary’s Farmer’s Market is having another pop-up location this coming weekend, August 17th, in Greenwich! It’s so great to have this market here on this side of town.
- The Stampeders take on the Montreal Alouettes this Saturday afternoon at McMahon stadium. A family afternoon at a football game is always a win!
- Enjoy hiking? One of the most known peaks around Canmore has just reopened its trail after some reconstruction and maintenance. Ha Ling Peak is now open after a year-long closure. The views from the top are incredible!
Have a great week!!!