This week will put us in the middle of April already, and as always, there’s lots going on in Calgary this week. Here’s our Top 10 things to do that we dug up for this week in YYC.
- Star Night in Fish Creek. Head to the Fish Creek Environmental Learning Centre for free public viewing of the stars, put on by the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada.
- The playoffs begin this Thursday and if you can’t make it to the Saddledome, there’s plenty of fun places to go out and watch from.
- Heritage Park is still running their ghost tours every Wednesday evening. There’s lots to learn about haunted history and it looks like the weather is cooperating, too!
- Taste of Bragg Creek takes place this week, so if you’re looking to head out of the city for a little part of the evening on Friday night, head out to support this fundraiser for the Bragg Creek Community Association.
- Black and White movie night takes place at Fort Calgary this week where Psycho will be shown on the screen.
- Like Mexican food? Native Tongues is holding a series called Taste Mexico, which will explore the culinary regions of Mexico. This Sunday they begin in the north!
- Dementia is a serious disease that affects so many of our loved ones. This Saturday there is a talk called ‘Timely Tasty Talks 2019’ where the topic of discussion is all about dementia led by Tia Powell, a world-expert on the disease.
- Improv! The Musicaltakes place this week on Saturday night. Tunes will be created on the spot, where lyrics will need to be improvised to, as well.
- Looking to travel this year?! AMAis hosting talks with travel experts based on various locations. This week, learn all about New Zealand!!
- Your call! Let us know what you’re up to this week, we’d love to hear!