Top of the morning to you on yet another week of fun things to do in Calgary. Being in the latter half of April now, summer is inching closer and closer, and we can’t wait! Here’s some things we dug up to do in Calgary this week.
- This Wednesday to Sunday, the Calgary International Car and Truck Show descends on the BMO Centre. Whether you’re looking for a new car and want more information, or just want to browse around, there’s lots here to see.
- Watch the Flames! Three games this week, starting tonight. Where’s your favorite place to watch them from? They’re back in the Dome on Friday night, perhaps you’re lucky to go see them live! If not, check out these fun viewing spots!
- With Easter coming up this week, there are plenty of Easter Egg hunts going on around town. Butterfield Acresis known for putting on great events for kids, check them out.
- Tool Shed Brewing is hosting Yoga on Tap, where you come and do Yoga and enjoy beer at the same time, this coming weekend. Check it out!
- If Trivia night’s are your thing, Wurst is hosting a Friends Trivia night tomorrow. Now we can’t get their theme song out of our head.
- Friends of Fish Creek are putting on a Call of the Wetland evening dedicated to understanding the local ecological health.
- The Glenbow Museum is putting on Cocktails and Couture this Thursday, where you handcrafted cocktails complement an evening of fashion.
- Who didn’t love The Dude?! The Big Lebowski is playing on the big screen at the Plaza Theatre on Saturday, April 20th.
- Who doesn’t love cheese?! There’s a Cheese Cart Party at the Springbank Cheese Co. in Marda Loop. Sample trays and boards of cheese, get ideas for your next social gathering at home.
- It’s good to know where our water comes from and how it is treated. The Glenmore Water Treatment plant offers tours this week on Thursday, book your spot before it sells out (it always does!)