Have you picked out your costumes for Halloween yet? T’is the week to shine and sparkle, scare and scream!
The weather has been supremely crappy as the week begins, hopefully come Halloween it is warmer for your ghouls and goblins to canvas for candies!
Despite the festivities to harvest sweets for eventual cavities, there are a few other things going on in Calgary this week. In no particular order, here they are:
- World of Whisky Festival takes place this Saturday at the BMO Centre from 6pm-9pm.
- This Friday and Saturday at the Jack Singer Concert Hall, listen to the symphony take you through the melodies of all the James Bond flicks. Bond and Beyond. Check it out!
- The Dudes are back in Calgary this week on Wednesday and Thursday night if you don’t have trick-or-treating duty. An indie-band with formative roots here in Calgary, check them out.
- Foreign films your thing?! The Calgary European Film Festival starts this weekend and runs for 9 days. With films from over 20 European nations being represented, it’s a festival to check out if subtitles are your jam.
- The Calgary Flames are on a break with Away games for the week, so head to the dome and cheer on the Hitmen. This Saturday night they take on the Saskatoon Blades.
- The Greek Annual Bazaar is going down from the 1st to the 3rd of November at the Hellenic Community Centre. It’s a weekend of Greek food, music, dance, and culture.
- The SouthYeast Brew Fest will be pouring samples of local brews this Saturday from 2pm-6pm.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre at Fort Calgary presents Halloween Horrors, a night at the Grimmies. Dinner theatre at its finest and most mysterious. Click here to tickets.
- You will fill them up with candy on Thursday, so let them burn off all that sugar on Saturday at Trico Centre Super Soaker Wars.
- Running until the 9th of November, In Flanders Fields is a musical about the life of Colonel John McCrae.
Lots to do that isn’t Halloween related. What are your plans?!