If there’s a property you’ve got your eye on and you find yourself wandering through it during an Open House to see if it’s the right fit for you, here are some questions you should ask the Realtor present to ensure you learn as much as possible. It’s a great opportunity to get all the information you need, so be sure to be prepared!
- How long has the house been on the market?
- Are there any previous or current offers?
- Has the price been changed at all?
- What is the neighborhood like?
- What appliances are included?
- When was the roof, plumbing and/or electrical last upgraded?
- What are the average utility costs?
- Has it passed a home inspection?
- How old is the carpet and underlay?
- Has the basement had any issues of mold?
- Has the house been painted recently?
- Are there any pest issues in the garden?
- Does the land scaping water flow away from the house?
- What’s the water pressure like for the bathrooms? (It’s ok to turn on a few taps here and there).
- Any pets in the house?
Here’s just a few to get your conversations started to ensure you’re getting all your bases covered. A good realtor will be able to answer these for you, and if he can’t answer you right away, they should ensure they will get right back to you.
Have any other questions to add to our list? Send them along! We’d love to hear them. Be sure to catch us at a few Open Houses this week, staggered at different times of the day!